Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Vaseline Lip Therapy review

Vaseline Lip Therapy review
Vaseline Lip Therapy


So, for most of my life, I have been relying on Vaseline to repair my cracked, chapped lips and always thought how weird people had to buy a smaller container of vaseline. 


A few days ago, I went to a store, and saw that the smaller vaseline containers are called "Lip Therapy" and they claimed they would make your lips rosy.

other claims


Impressions


  • very thick
  • a little goes a long way
  • nice smell
  • pigment did not make my lips "rosy" looking
  • much more expensive than your typical Vaseline
  • not hygienic, need to apply with finger and dipping finger into product many times

When I first dipped my finger in the small container (thinking it was a red tinted vaseline) I was surprised as how much thicker it really was. It felt like mixing a container of dry lip gloss into vaseline. When I applied it to my lips, I was surprised there was no typical scent of Vaseline, it had sort of a rosy smell to it (but the smell wasn't very strong).

Lip Therapy: 

When I applied this to a crack on my lip, I could feel it immediately working and the crack healed. What better time to test a lip therapy product than when you have a painfully bleeding 2 day old crack on your lip? (sorry for being so graphical) I was very surprised and impressed with the results.

However, in terms of tint, this did not do a good job... aside from looking

Verdict:

So is it worth it? I could say YES! despite it's priciness of ¥450 (compared to a Vaseline that is 100 times it size for only a fraction of the price), it does wonders to your lips. After applying this (only once) my lips were immediately replenished and the results were long lasting. Not only has it healed my crack but it also smoothed out my lips and this feeling lasted for almost 6 hours!

Score: 9.8/10 (because it did not give my lips a rosy tint)
Website: http://www.vaseline.us/product/lip-balm/tinted-lip-balm-lip-therapy.html

3 comments:

  1. I don't really like vaseline. It's very oily and I don't like applying that on my lips as I tend to lick my lips a lot when they are dry and I hate the feeling of licking oily things, lol.

    Are you finding that your lips are getting chapped because of the weather in Japan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean and I totally agree with you!!! >___< this one is less oily... and it works faster so you won't have to worry about it not working after you "lick" it off DX...

      I tend to use vaseline (or this product) at night, so I am less likely to lick my lips

      I think it is mainly the heater (than the weather... the weather is ok... usually falls in the 60-70% humidity range)... since there is hardly any centralized heating system, it is more dry making my lips and skin dry >___<

      Delete
  2. I got here much interesting stuff. The post is great! Thanks for sharing it! CBD Skincare Products

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin